Event Safety Alliance Launches Online Version of Event Safety Access Training In Collaboration With DC3 Education
(Scottsdale, AZ) - Event Safety Alliance in collaboration with DC3 Education is pleased to announce the release of an online version of Event Safety Access Training (ESAT), ESA's entry-level safety awareness training program and competency credential created specifically for those working in an event environment.
Safety skills credentials such as the United Kingdom’s “Safety Passport” are rapidly becoming a requirement for event workers around the globe. In some countries workers may be restricted from performing their duties without such a credential, and event leaders are being held accountable for demonstrating compliance with safety-related training for all those in their duty of care. While there is currently no equivalent regulation in the United States, it is becoming increasingly clear that the insurance industry and governments alike support such a program to aid in verifying the professionalism of individuals and organizations. ESAT training is the first step in changing the way our industry does business by providing a standardized opportunity to improve core safety skills and to demonstrate a formal commitment to safe work practices.
Event Safety Access Training is rooted in three fundamental principles:
• Every event professional should have verifiable safety training. Insurers and local authorities agree that safety training is a must. ESAT is divided into eight chapters that address health and safety concepts, roles and responsibilities on the job site, OSHA regulations, PPE, typical event-related hazards and controls, and issues related to crowds and severe weather.
• An innovative way to learn. The online ESAT was developed by subject matter experts and administered by DC3 Education, an innovative and interactive online learning provider. In creating online ESAT, DC3 Education and ESA used a unique blend of storytelling, superior production, and engaging content to enhance the existing in-person version of the training while delivering its objectives.
• Training must take place when and where staff can receive it. ESAT is an interactive online training program that can be completed as the student’s schedule allows (up to 30 days). Necessary take-aways are reinforced with quizzes, and there is a comprehensive exam after the last chapter to ensure that the worker understands what they have been taught.
ESAT is a convenient, affordable online alternative to in-person safety training that covers material that you or those in your legal duty of care need to know in order to improve safety. Event Safety Access Training is designed to:
• Heighten individual awareness that safety is a priority and collaborative endeavor.
• Begin the necessary change in the way event professionals currently regard safety.
• Instill important concepts for individuals to consider while on the job.
• Provide a verifiable means for demonstrating an individual’s safety competency.
• Empower individuals with the knowledge that safety is within their control and is first and foremost a personal responsibility.
• Provide Individuals with the knowledge to successfully address safety concerns to ensure they do not go unchecked and result in tragedy.
Registration for Event Safety Access Training is $180 for ESA Members and $225 for Non-Members. Those completing the course will receive a wallet-sized card demonstrating their commitment to safety through the ESAT program and will be registered in the Event Safety Alliance database of safety-committed professionals.
For additional details and registration, please visit EventSafetyAlliance.org.
About Event Safety Alliance:
Event Safety Alliance (ESA) is a 501(c)(6) non-profit trade organization dedicated to promoting and supporting “life safety first” during all phases of live event production. Through the dissemination of preparedness information, the development of planning & training resources, and the creation of online and classroom-based educational opportunities, the Event Safety Alliance strives to eliminate knowledge and awareness barriers that often contribute to unsafe conditions and behaviors. For additional information, visit EventSafetyAlliance.org.
About DC3 Education:
DC3 Education is a learning provider offering high-quality self paced online programs for both personal and professional growth. From learning basic concepts to mastering skills, DC3 delivers interactive programs for professionals, career seekers, knowledge enthusiasts, and industry partners in media, entertainment, and technology. For additional information, please visit DC3education.com.